Visit the Shop

29 January 2012

Dang Good Smoothies

The other day I made a dang good smoothie.

It's funny, up until last summer I never really especially cared for smoothies...but as my dear mother would say, my "taste buds have probably just matured". She always has us kids try everything she makes, telling us that one day we'll be mature enough to like every food. (I'm not going to agree entirely with that statement: my taste buds will NEVER be mature enough for salad. ever.)




Do you want to know how I made it? I got a cute little blender from my Grandma for my birthday that makes one serving of smoothie, so  if your blender happens to be bigger than mine (as it most likely is), adjust accordingly.

Ingredients:

5-7 cubes of ice
about a 1/4 cup of milk

-blend until thickened-

about 10 (pre-sliced) slices of frozen strawberries

-blend-

about 2 (pre-sliced) slices of frozen mango (for just a hint. Add more if you're crazy about mangoes)

-blend-

and the secret ingredient:



....1-2 tsp. Strawberry Lemonade Crystal Light!

(-stir and blend-)


So. Dang. Good.

Do you have any smoothies you're in love with? Send your recipe my way. And I'm not kidding about that. As of right now, I only know how to make this one. haha!

We have a cute little smoothie shop up by my house. Look at their cute little advertisement:


I just love the retro feel of the whole place. And speaking of dang good smoothies, these guys definitely know how to make some. (click here for locations)


Well, have a lovelee (Sun)day!

-Lee





1 comment:

  1. The what now? Lauren is making smoothies?? Your taste buds MUST have matured. I'm thinking a Roxberry date is in our future...

    ReplyDelete