Visit the Shop

10 February 2012

Even More Love Notes

This is how my friends and I would fold our notes in middle school:


This is a little love note that I sewed up last weekend. I saw the idea on good ol' Pinterest. I thought it would be the perfect Valentine's Day wall accessory. It's now in a red frame down at my apartment.

a quick little how-to:

step one was to fold over a sew the corners so that there were no raw edges.
step two was to sew the blue horizontal lines. make sure to keep the spacing even and to cut off all those threads. There's a lot. In retrospect, I would have chosen a little darker blue for the horizontal lines, but hey. You can't win them all :)


step 3 was to sew the two pink vertical lines to make the margins, and then I added another at the top of the page.


I embroidered a love note and up at the top I "dated" the paper 14 Feb 2012. I think it'd also be fun to embroider 3 little circles on the left to make it look like it's hole punched. I thought of that after I cleaned everything up, darn it :)


And a close up:


and there you have it. It's super simple, and I love how cute it turned out.

have a lovelee day!

-Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment