Visit the Shop

28 February 2012

Braided Roses: A DIY

Hello everyone! Yesterday I was on pinterest and I saw a cute little hair-do for little girls. I decided to make it a little more sophisticated and I did an experiment on my (patient) roommate Hayley's beautiful long hair. I loved how it turned out and how simple it ended up being, so I thought I'd share a little how-to:

I give you, the Braided Rose Crown How-To:

step 1: divide hair into as many "flowers" you want. Hayley has pretty thick hair, so I did hers in five ponytails and braids, and a sixth section french braided from the part around to the other side of her head (seen in picture 2). On my hair I would have only done three sections.

step 2: braid every section (tightly!) and secure with a small plastic rubber band.

step 3: wrap each braid into a twist to form the flowers. secure with a LOT of bobby pins. Try to keep the flowers as close together as possible, otherwise I think it looks a little goofy.

step 4: go on a smoking hot date and show off your beautiful new hair-do!

want to know something embarrassing? This was our first attempt:
I mean it's not horrible but it definitely was not the look we were going for. Moral of this story: If life doesn't work out the first time, try again! and again, and again:) (in this case, it only took us two tries, but it's a good life lesson to learn anyways. haha)


In other news, I finally finished my knitting project that I've been working on for a while (and I forgot how much I love those shoes. Bows! On my feet! happy squeak!) :

and what's with all this snow?? it came out of nowhere. I had Hayley take a picture because the snowflakes were SOOOO big. No joke, they were the size of quarters:

have a lovelee day! and if you do your hair all fancy shmancie, send some pictures my way, I'd love to see them!

-Lee




2 comments:

  1. I just have to say, you're very good at blogging. And I love the hair do - it's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I'll do it for you next time you roll into town. Rachie wants me to do it for her too. You'd be twinners!:)

      Delete