Visit the Shop

04 February 2012

Valentine's Day Banner DIY

iPiccy: Loading picture

This just might be the simplest thing to make in all of craft history. And you think I'm joking...


To make a pattern I cut out a triangle and a heart out of regular paper. I  wanted my triangles long and skinny, but they'd be pretty cute as fat triangles, too. It all just depends on your preference.


I then cut out 7 triangles and 7 hearts. I cut the hearts out of some quilt batting that we had. I've also seen a few banners done with burlap, which is cute, and I think it'd also be a-o-k to do it with creme felt. Whatever you have layin' around the craft room. I wanted the hearts to all be a little bit different, but they'd be cute if they were all cut out of the same fabric, too. The nice thing is that I was able to use scrap fabric for the hearts because they're not too big.


10 points to Gryffindor if you can tell me something sneaky about this heart's fabric. haha:)

 I sewed my hearts on, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal if you cheated a little bit and hot glued them on. The last step is to hot glue triangles evenly spaced onto a rope , baker's twine, string, or anything of that nature that suits your fancy (be sure to lay everything out before so that you know exactly where everything should be glued).

the finished product:
ps- my daddy made that mantle for my mom. Isn't it AMAZING?! I need to find myself a guy like that. When my sister Shaunelle was little she once asked my mom (sobbing) what she was supposed to do if  mom had married the last good man on earth. I love how much little girls love their daddy:)


I think it's pretty cute and way too easy not to do for the cute little month of February. I think I might go get some red embroidery floss and do some stitching around the hearts to really make them pop, but we'll see...

Have a lovelee day!

-Lee

1 comment: