Visit the Shop

03 March 2012

Little Miss Thrifty

One of my weaknesses happens to be bargain shopping. Today my roommates and I went to our local thrift store and I went a little crazy. Here's a few of my gold finds:

vintage suitcases, $10.25 for everything:

I have BIG plans for these. Hint: Tutorial coming soon.

A RECORD PLAYER!:
I've been looking for one of these for a loooong time. and this little baby was only $10! raise the roof!

A bunch of retro records, 75 cents each:


and here's a little doodle I did for you:
that's right, it's time to write another love note. let someone you love know that you do love them. it really makes someone's day--I know from experience, as I'm sure you do too:) so save it as a picture (yes this is permission!), print this puppy out and write a nice note to someone you admire.

and some words of wisdom taken from a workshop I was able to go to on Thursday. The guest speaker was Yizhak Schotten, a famous violist. He was talking about practicing when he said this, but it had such an impact on me that I knew I just had to share:

simple, yet amazingly profound. I'm going to try to take this one to heart.

all in all, it was a great day. I'm off to work on those suitcases, so really do check back for a tutorial sometime soon!

have a lovelee day,

-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment