Visit the Shop

07 May 2012

Forget Me Nots

Do you want to know what's on my wish list right now? This book from one of my favorite men on earth:
It's from a beautiful address he gave on the worth of women. In it he compares the messages we must always remember to the petals of a little forget me not flower. He suggests that each time we see a little flower, we should:

"First, forget not to be patient with yourself"
isn't this so true: I think that as women we give ourselves the hardest time--we are the hardest on ourselves.
"Second, forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice"
he tells us to ask ourselves if "[we] are committing [our] time and energy to the things that matter most"--family, faith, and God.
"Third, forget not to be happy now"
do not miss the little blessings and moments of happiness in your life: he says, "The lesson here is that if we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us."
"Fourth, forget not the 'why' of the gospel"
Remember why you are serving who you are: God's gospel is beautiful and do not forget the true message of His church.
"Fifth, forget not that the Lord loves you"
unlike the little flower, you are not insignificant. God remembers you. You are His "forget me not". He loves you with an Infinite love. "Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time!"
........
this is one of my all-time favorite addresses I've ever heard in my life. If you'd like to read it (free), click here. When the address was given I made a little screen saver/backdrop to remember the sweet message of the little flowers. If you want it too, it's all yours:
I hope you'll take the time to read and ponder what these little flowers can remind us of and I also hope you have a very lovelee day, recognizing the Love of God!

-Lee

(I should clarify that this post was in no way sponsored, I really do just love this message. and God.)

No comments:

Post a Comment