Visit the Shop

10 July 2012

Nifty Thrifty: My Latest Vintage Steals and Deals

Hello friends! I've done a bit of antiquing/thrifting in the past little while and I thought I'd share what I've found. I'm rather excited about it, to tell you the truth.

all my latest finds:
(click to see a larger picture). I'm particularly proud of my vintage "vogue" magazines. The lady at the antique store didn't know how much to charge me for them, so she sold them for a dollar each. a DOLLAR! I looked their value up online when I got home and what do you know? they're worth $143. Crazy, right?

I also bought 3 new books for my "classy literature" collection. It's a slowly growing collection as good looking books can be rather expensive. But not these puppies. $2 each. I got them at an arts and crafts fair while I was helping out my grandma sell some of her amazing jewelry. The library had a booth that I just kept going back to. The ladies would laugh when I just kept walking back up with more books that I wanted. After my last trip, one of the librarians that I had met gave me a book for free! Isn't that sweet? Hardback books were $2 each and Paperback were $.50--you can't beat that, I think!

 I think they go very nicely with the rest of my collection, don't you?

have you found any super great deals lately? I'd love to hear about them! Thrifting is my cup of tea.

ps- guess what I finally got in the mail today?
trying to find all that postage was quite the ordeal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment