Visit the Shop

22 July 2012

Tri-Cut Art: DIY

 hello, everyone! I'm linking up my latest projects today here and here, and am so happy to give you all another DIY. It's pretty similar to the last, with a little twist.
If you can't tell from my latest projects, I'm on a bit of a bicycle craze at the moment. and when I saw the darling clementine boxes in our garage I knew I had to do something with them. Frankly, I think the back of my project might be more fun to look at then the front. It's reversible, I guess :) 

This project will work well with any size of wood, although mine put together formed a rectangle roughly the size of a standard 8 1/2 by 11" paper. I want to try this project next using an old crate or wooden pallet.

 I found my bicycle graphic here and divided the image onto my three pieces of wood [shown in pictures 1&2]. I then outlined everything making an impression on the wood [picture 3] which I then outlined in pencil (picture 4). I painted everything up [picture 5] and hot glued some twine on both sides to hang it [picture 6]. I think it's a nice variation on my last diy.
 and voila!
truth be told, I am rather taken with the back at the moment, and may be flipping it back and forth whenever my merry little heart desires. double the fun, I say.


does anybody else remember when clementines came in boxes instead of cardboard?
ps- click the links below to see other great projects:

4 comments:

  1. Came over from Graphics Fairy to see the bicycle image to find another person who collects clementine crates - I love their graphics!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - I have a couple of crates in my garage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, my son is a bike-ophile and I know he'd love both side of this art work. Dropping by from the Graphics Fairy.

    ReplyDelete