Visit the Shop

27 July 2012

Words of Wisdom from Nat King Cole

As I was getting ready this morning, I turned on one of my favorite records. It was a Nat King Cole record, of course. His song "Pick Yourself Up" struck a chord with me-- Sometimes life is hard. Really hard. But it's our attitude that makes all the difference. My favorite part of his song goes like this:
 
"Don't lose your confidence if you slip, be grateful for a pleasant trip. And pick yourself up, dust your self off, and start all over again". I'm going to make this my life motto, I think! I made this today as a little reminder for myself:
isn't that just the best sentiment?

here's the whole song:

have a lovelee day!

-Lee

2 comments:

  1. What a cute blog! Just found you from July's hop. Still going down the list looking for some good reads.

    Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can! Also hosting Mom's Monday Mingle tonight and tomorrow. Love to have you link up! Last week we had close to 250 blogs. Hope to see you there!

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete