Visit the Shop

07 August 2012

Color with a Cause: Introduction


 
hello friends! Something very exciting and dear to me is starting up today and I couldn't be more thrilled about it. Starting today, there will be a weekly installment of children's coloring pages (hand drawn by me), in hopes of raising awareness for children in need. When I've made them all up, I plan on making them into an official coloring book and giving many to the hospital itself.
these coloring pages can be anywhere from free to as much as you'd like to donate. Feel free to donate to your local children's hospital, or my personal favorite, Primary Children's Hospital.To donate to the official Primary Children's Hospital Donations Page, click here. If you chose to use the pages without donating, I only ask that you find some way to "pay it forward" and find someone to serve in your area.
*please "follow" me to download the pages and use the cover/back cover to promote the cause (the back cover has information on where to find our initiative*


And to everyone who uses these pages: please spread the word!

I suggested donating to "Primary Children's Hospital" in particular because I had a very special experience there a few years ago.
(I needed a Madeline Picture because I am Madeline, and I vaguely remember wanting a picture by the giraffes when I started walking again.) 
After suffering from sudden, unexplained, and excruciating back pain, the doctor at Primary Children's Hospital diagnosed me with a herniated disk in my lower back. He told me that surgery was my only chance at a pain-free life.
(I had a little sick bout after I tried to eat for the first time. Don't worry, there's no vomit in the picture. It hadn't happened yet. haha)
They took such good care of me while I was there and the atmosphere and attitude was so welcoming and happy. They truly care about all the children who come, and I feel so blessed to have been able to be healed there. Their motto is "the child first and always", and that really is the case with them.
 (L: on my way home R: being so drugged up that I was making the doctor laugh as we rolled into surgery. I have no memory of this...but the way my mom tells it is hilarious.)

 This week I'm starting with the front/back/inside cover and just a few pages for in between:)




I'd love to see pictures of these in use--I'm trying to set up a project page so that sort of thing would be handy dandy. Also, if you (or your child) have any requests, let me know and I will do my best to draw them. I'm not amazing, but I love to doodle, so we'll see what happens.
Leave me a comment below and/or Email me at howlovelee(at)gmail(dot)com



4 comments:

  1. Hey lady!! I just found your cute blog via the hop, and I'm your newest follower! I'd also love to have you check out a fabulous Triple Giveaway I'm having right now!!

    Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
    xo

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Make sure to spread the word!:)

      Delete