Visit the Shop

18 August 2012

Today is [beautiful]


 Today is just one of those days that makes you feel so grateful for everything you have. I love my family so much, and our Saturday morning pancake tradition. And for a father who grows such an amazing garden every year, and for a mother who picks the fruit before the birds get it. And for my beautiful sisters. And especially for God, who has given us this beautiful earth and this wonderful day.


One of my very favorite poets is e.e. cummings. This is my favorite poem of his, and quite applicable to this "most amazing day":

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful! :D I love these kinds of days, where you just feel completely at peace. (On another note, I wish I had pancake Saturdays!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it's never too late to start a new tradition! We call our dad the "pancake" artist--he can make a pancake look like ANYTHING:)

      Delete
  2. Well I just had to pin that ee cummings quote. Just lovely. He always seems to hit the nail on the head for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he the best? What's your favorite poem of his? I'm trying to broaden my poetry pallet:)

      Delete