Visit the Shop

24 September 2012

Silhouettes: DIY


hello there, friends! Today I'm sharing a simple, classy DIY to spruce up your walls a little bit. I've been wanting to make one of these for a while, and I am so pleased with the way it turned out.

here's how I did it:
one: I had my lovely sister Rachel take a picture of my profile. I had my hair in a side ponytail that day, but I looked kind of bald in my profile, so I just moved it to the back of my head and voila! hair.

two: I printed it out to my desired size and found a piece of wood in my garage (a canvas would also work well)

three: I traced my profile onto the wood using a regular old pencil

four: I filled in the outline using Black acrylic paint. Tip: Use very, very small brushes. I started with the one in the picture and then switched to an even smaller one. the eyes/nose/lips  part is very delicate work, so be sure to take your time!

and voila! What do you think? My mom says it definitely looks like me.
have a lovelee day!

-Lee

2 comments:

  1. you are adorable!!! I love love your style!!! i need to make one of these for my house! Im now following and cannot wait to read more!

    xoxo

    follow me back?

    http://elisemn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the love! I'm heading over to your blog right now! :)

      Delete