Visit the Shop

07 December 2012

Doodled Mugs: a DIY (revisited)


 Hello, friends! I wanted to pop in today to share a recent project. I feel like I haven't shared a tutorial in ages....sorry about that. Life has been quite the crazy ride lately. But ONE MORE WEEK until Christmas break. Oh yeah!!

I made these mugs for my sweet sister Shaunelle's bridal shower. I am so happy for her, and I wanted to make something special to celebrate her very special wedding. I decided to personalize some mugs. I used this tutorial (that I shared here.) She really liked them, and Matt (her finace) did, too. He's so sweet about making a big deal about things that I make. It makes me feel good.

 This was my favorite detail. Their initials and the year of their marriage (on the 28th of this month! ah!)

Really, this project couldn't be easier:

Materials needed:
Mug(s), sharpie, oven

Draw your design on your mug and cook for 30 minutes at 350* F

Here's a new tip for when you're making your own: be SO careful when you take them out of the oven after they bake. Don't let your oven mitts touch your design or it will smear. Terribly. (I learned this back when I made my first set in June. But I forgot to mention that little detail...better late than never, right?)

*And remember: These mugs are hand wash only.

have a lovelee day!

-lee

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this is so cute! My Hubby and I got a couple off white mugs for our wedding a couple years ago but they're so plain. I totally want to do the mr. and mrs. idea! so darling.
    -Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete