Visit the Shop

14 December 2012

the Best-Gosh-Darn-Chocolate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies

The other day I was in a rather silly mood and decided that my tummy suddenly craved cookies. I googled "the best gosh darn cookie", because it seemed like a good idea in an attempt to find the perfect cookie to satisfy my cookie cravings. Only there was only one result: A bacon cookie. bacon. What?! Obviously, I had to remedy this. And thus, the Best Gosh Darned Chocolate Chip Cookie was born.
Y o u  w i l l  n e e d :
1 C Butter, Softened
1 1/2 C Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 C Flour
2/3 C Cocoa Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
2 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips


D i r e c t i o n s :

Preheat oven to 350*. (Somehow I always forget to do this. Always.)

In large bowl, beat your butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Form small balls and drop on to an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes. Make sure not to over cook them or they'll loose their soft, ooey gooey texture. Which happens to be one of the best parts about cookies, if you ask me.

Let them cool a little on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack. 
Speaking from experience, you might want to take a bite at this point. Because they are mm-mm-good.

For a fun variation, I added some crushed up oreo chunks to a few of my dough balls. Pretty good stuff.

And there you have it. The Best Gosh Darn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies your taste buds will ever experience. You can call them the BGDCCCC for short. (does that remind anyone else of this?)
*note: I was inspired by a recipe which can be found here.

have a lovelee day!

-Lee

Ps- I'm home for the holidays!!

2 comments:

  1. Did you just change your blog completely?? I LOVE it! And these cookies! WOWOWOOWOWOWWO! I recently read somewhere that adding vanilla pudding makes them extra amazing.. Gotta try!

    ♥Janette
    http://janettethejongleur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working on it! Thanks for the love. I've added pudding mixes to cake and it makes them super moist, so I bet it'd be delicious for cookies, too! need to try it.

      Delete