Visit the Shop

09 April 2013

Sparkle Letters: a DIY

Who else feels like it has been far too long since a diy around here? Thing is, I've been doing tons of projects. I just have been too lazy to edit the pictures and write up about them. Well, not today, baby! Productivity overload! Oh yeah!!!
--
About a month ago, we celebrated my roommate Molly's engagement with a fun little party. I made up some quick decorations using a few commonly found items, and thought I'd share how I constructed them.

you will need:
-cardboard
-writing utensil
-template (if desired)
-scissors
-Elmer's glue
-old paint brush
-glitter, in your desired color.
 first thing first: I wrote out Molly and Robert's initials, along with an ampersand. I just free-handed mine, but  you could trace a template or a printed out font, to be sure.
 Look at them all in a row. Next step is to cut them out.
 I really hate cutting cardboard. Power through it! Then I used a paintbrush to completely cover the letter in glue, and covered sparkles all over. I found it easiest to work on either half the letter or a quarter of the letter at a time, as you can see below.
 I think it would be lots of fun to do this project again, with stripes of varying sparkles and paint. Oh, it would be just delightful, wouldn't it? I think I might just do it.
 So....I get quite happy when I craft.
 Above: the ampersand is finished, now on to the other letters!
 once I finished the letters, we hung them up on the wall, and continued decorating for the party. I was going to paint polka dots on that table cloth, but hey. You can't win 'em all.

have a lovelee day!

-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment