Visit the Shop

06 May 2013

The [indoor] Garden Party

 hello! I hope you had a splendid weekend. I'm popping in today to share some pictures from our May Day party (see last year's here). Under the perfect, ideal circumstances, the party would have been outside. I know, crazy idea, having a garden party in the garden:) But alas, it SNOWED, so I figured it would not be a super great idea to subject my friends to the weather. And thus, the indoor garden party was born.
 I used these mini chalkboards as little place cards.
 We had these pennants leftover from my sister Briana's wedding (note to self: never throw away party decorations!) so we strung them above the table.
 there was a little teacup and shovel at everyone's place.
 "Shovel?!" you ask incredulously. Yes, shovel. A personalized shovel, to be exact. It just fit the whole May Day, fresh feeling I was going for. And it didn't hurt that the shovels were a dollar at Target. Add a little sharpie calligraphy, and voila! A personalized, super-cute, super cheap party favor!




 The party goin' gals. (Alyssa hadn't yet arrived)
 oo la la, we are lookin' good:) We like to make it a dress-up affair.
 We ate caprese sandwiches (recipe here), our delicious pasta salad (recipe coming soon), and of course, cake! So, so, delicious. Lemon-strawberry custard and creme. Oh yeah!!!
 (oh, hello, 'lyss!)
 Silly gals. (the one on the left is my beautiful little sister, Rachel)

 Oh, so good. Really. I'll probably be sharing the recipe later this week.
Until next time, May Day!

have a lovelee day!

-Lee

2 comments:

  1. At first I thought "what the heck? why didn't she invite me!?" then I realized I was already back home. sad I missed it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, if it makes you feel any better, I kept being really confused as to why you weren't there! haha. We definitely missed you.

      Delete