Visit the Shop

11 September 2013

Alive and Well [ish]

Oh, hello there, world! Funny seeing you here!

Sorry about the unannounced leave of absence. I spent the summer up in Idaho/Montana and things got pretty overwhelming. If there's one thing I've learned in life, it is that simplicity is beautiful. So I chose to focus on being an amazing waitress to super cranky and hungry tourists and top-notch t-shirt saleswoman. (Not the choice I would have chosen regularly, but hey. I've gotta pay for school somehow!)

I actually ended up learning a LOT about myself this summer. I really found out who I am and what makes my soul happy. I discovered the sort of people I need to be around to keep me happy, and when it's okay to be alone and work on an art piece or listen to a great piece of music.

Well, all's well that ends well. I'm back at school for another year.

I know what you're thinking. Enough talking, Lauren! Let's see some pictures. How 'bout a buffalo or something?
 Your wish is my command. (side note, my Grandma doesn't believe that I took this picture! Pretty funny!)

 My friend Alyssa who I talk about all the time came up with my family and worked with me and my little sister Rachel (on the right). We did some first rate exploring up there in that beautiful park.

 Alyssa's first time visiting Old Faithful! She was pretty excited about it. But not about taking this picture.

 Trees are so wonderful. Really.


 I wish we had had more time for adventures, but with 16+ hour days, that's not exactly possible. We did however, manage to sneak in one or two great ones.

 On top of the Continental divide. Super beautiful, guys.

 Rock pile on top of the Continental Divide. Oh hello, feet!

 Taking in the beautiful surroundings

The hills are alive up there, I'm telling ya!


Wildflowers make my heart so happy!

Anyways, I wanted to pop in to let you know that you haven't gotten rid of me yet! (mwahaha).

Have a Lovelee Day!
-Lee

ps- Today is the 12th anniversary of the attacks on the twin towers. I am so thankful today and always for the wonderful servicemen and servicewomen who keep our country free. I was able to visit the Flight 93 memorial this summer and it was truly a sacred experience. The overwhelming feeling of patriotism made me so grateful that those incredible men and women chose to be brave and stand up for their country, for freedom.

Never Surrender, Never Forget.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You posted! I am so excited to have more "lovelee" posts in my life. See what I did there?

    ReplyDelete