Visit the Shop

28 December 2013

Also, I made a Giraffe....

I happened upon White Faux Taxidermy, and I fell in love. IN. LOVE. Especially with this buffalo. Man, oh man. If I weren't a starving college student, you know that would be in my living room right now.

I did a t-o-n of research on paper mache, and I figured out what would work best for this project. I had a few helpers construct the neck for me (made from rolled up, cut-and-mended cardboard, actually) and I sculpted the face/ears/etc. I've never really been a sculpture gal myself, so it was fun to try something new.

Well, quite a few weeks later, my favorite animal, the majestic Giraffe emerged. We call him Jeffers 'round these parts. After the illustrator, you know. (I am a little obsessed with his work.)







He is now painted a lovely shade of whitish-cream, and I love him soooo much.  We mounted him on a piece of wood and he will soon be hung on the wall. HOORAY! (I need to get a good picture of him painted. I'm not sure why I haven't gotten around to that yet.....)

UPDATE:
I got around to that.



Have a lovelee day!

-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment